Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Move



It's hard to believe that is has been two years ago today that I took a deep breath and started the 3000 mile journey from Southern California to Connecticut.

I still remember the moment I realized that moving out here was what I needed to do. I was sitting at work, sorting iron on soccer numbers, and I was in so much pain and sadness. In a moment of pure surrender I asked my higher power for a sign if I should pack up everything and move to Connecticut. Not even two seconds later this song came on the radio. I had to stop what I was doing and just cried as I listened to the words. Afterwords I went straight to my computer to look up the song, just to see if I had heard it correctly. Well I got my sign and that day I decided to move.
So I wanted to share it, in case anyone else has ever had this type of revelation.

We Don't Have to Look Back Now by Puddle of Mudd

I'm so much like you
Restless and wreckless
I need a clue
So show me a sign
I feel like making a move
Real geographic, a change in mood
We'll let go of everything we know

[Chorus]
You and I will ride tonight
'Till the past is out of sight
We don't have to look back now
From the dark into the light
We can leave it all behind
We can stand together, we don't have to look back now

I'm so much like you
Caught in a moment, coming unglued
In a world so big, it's not easy to choose
Which path to take, which pawn to move
So we'll let go of everything we've ever known

[Chorus]
You and I will ride tonight
'Till the past is out of sight
We don't have to look back now
From the dark into the light
We can leave it all behind
We can stand together, we don't have to look back now

[Bridge]
No one can stop us now
The world is rushing by
The wind is at our back
Everything's new tonight, we're going our own way
No matter what they say
The bridge is on fire, we're flying higher now

[Chorus]
You and I will ride tonight
'Till the past is out of sight
We don't have to look back now
We are knocking down the wall, all for one and one for all
We can stand together
Never gonna look back now

Oh no, Oh no
We don't have to look back now
(Oh no, Oh no)
We don't have to look back now
I felt like it was my higher power talking right to me and telling me what I needed to do. Today I am so grateful that I listened. Even though I hurt people close to me, and walked through a lot of fear about what the future would hold, I truly feel that I am right where I need to be. And more importantly my son is right where he needs to be.

So I end this post with a saying I saw on a billboard outside a church last week:
Where God guides, God provides.


4 comments:

Age said...

Wow! That gave me goose bumps. What an amazing and significant sign. It was meant to be!

marty carpenter meeker said...

I can share a smiliar experience. In 1995 God kept coming to me every night and telling me to move to Wyoming. I was very happy where I was, but the message came every night for 3 months. Not knowing what was ahead and what God wanted me to do there, was a very frightening thing. I cried all the way there because I didn't want to go, but in the end it was wonderful. I spent 9 years in Wyoming as a missionary at a Rescue Mission. God is good.

Mason Gray said...

What a wonderful story Marty. Thank you for sharing.

Mehkel said...

Wow!Miracles.