Sunday, April 17, 2011

Second Spring

Mason and I are now enjoying our second spring in CT. Even though, technically we have been here for three. We first moved here right at the start of spring but I don't count it because, at the time, I had not yet experienced a cold winter. Spring did not mean as much those first few months here as it does now. It means I get to pack up our thick winter jackets. It means more time out of doors. And who could overlook the flowers. Nothing can express the happiness I feel when I first see a daffodil bloom.


The above is a picture taken during our very "first" spring. I can still remember the excitement I felt knowing we had survived our first winter in the North East. I think it is because I feel the same way today. Knowing that the weather will finally be getting warmer and that I have again survived the winter. And this winter was much more difficult then last year.


So this is us today. In the same spot next to our house. Enjoying the sunny weather and looking forward to a another great summer.


PS. When I first saw the above picture I thought it was my hand on my face, and briefly wondered why I posed like that. But then quickly realized that those are Mason's fingers. I guess there is really no doubt on who's hands he inherited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting blog you got here my friend!

Are you a Zunist?

Liv said...

I really liked your blog. Mason's life is awesome! And you are a great mom! Congrats!